Today we leave Alabama and make a run to visit family in Texas. We depart for England out of Houston next week. When we leave Alabama today, we must have everything packed for our visiting time in Texas and our move to England
So here they are: our moving suitcases. We allowed ourselves two suitcases each and a carry-on bag and personal bag. So that’s 400 total pounds of checked luggage and then our smaller bags for on-board. That’s all of the equipment and supplies for a family of four for:
- Setting up housekeeping
- Kitchen supplies: pots and pans, kitchen utensils, coffee supplies (very important), spices, etc.
- Homeschool books and school supplies for a 4th grader and 7th grader
- Rob’s doctoral research books
- All the electronics/computer stuff to go with the above points
- Games and toys for the kids
- Our fall and winter clothes
- Personal affects
- Toiletries, etc.
- Various other “Hey, I want to take this too!” items.
We are looking forward to seeing family. At the same time, we are ready to get across the Pond! The Alabamians are conducting a British Invasion!